The Fall 2011 issue of Education Next is on its way to subscribers. Here are some of the articles from the issue that you can read online:
- A new study that examines where U.S. states stand in math and reading proficiency, compared to other countries.
- The 2011 EdNext/PEPG poll, which found a growing divide between teachers and the general public on key education issues
- A review of the education records and views of the Republican presidential candidates.
- Two studies that looked at which teachers are laid off by existing dismissal policies, and which teachers principals would choose to lay off if given the opportunity.
- June Kronholz on schools that combine online learning and live coaching to help at-risk kids get back on track to graduate
- A look at the top tweeters in education
- and much more.