What We’re Watching: A Second Senate Committee Hearing on No Child Left Behind
By Education Next 01/26/2015
On Tuesday, Jan. 27, at 10 a.m., the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor & Pensions will hold it’s second hearing on Fixing No Child Left Behind. This hearing will focus on supporting teachers and school leaders.
The witnesses will be:
• Dr. Dan Goldhaber , Director, National Center for Analysis of Longitudinal Data in Education Research at the American Institutes for Research; Director, Center for Education Data and Research at the University of Washington, Bothell, WA
• Dr. Terry Holliday , Commissioner of Education, Commonwealth of Kentucky, Frankfort, KY
• Mr. Saul Hinojosa , Superintendent of Schools, Somerset Independent School District, Somerset, TX
• Ms. Rachelle Moore , 1st Grade Teacher, Madrona K-8 School, Seattle, WA
• Dr. Christine Handy-Collins , Principal, Gaithersburg High School, Gaithersburg, MD
Education Next has published several studies by Dan Goldhaber.
“Gains in Teacher Quality” by Dan Goldhaber and Joe Walch examined the rise in the academic capabilities of the U.S. teaching force.
“Managing the Teacher Workforce,” by Dan Goldhaber, looks at the impact of last-in, first-out personnel policies.
Related EdNext Articles
education next daily email alert
education next posts a big story